Blog post #6

Title: What is gene-edited food and is it safe to eat ?

Source: Pallab Ghosh

URL: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-64559210

Date: 24/03/2023


My critical questions: 


Even after reading the article two or three times, I still have difficulty understanding science. However, the explanation the author provided helped me to understand the article's main point due to the fact that he did not overuse scientific vocabulary and instead used straightforward, understandable words. Therefore, I was wondering 'Who wrote this news ?' thus I googled the name for the background of the author and I discovered that, Pallab Ghosh, has been a science journalist for almost 40 years and He have been working for BBC News since 1989 perhaps that is the reason he wrote the article intelligibly for me. The next question that came to my thought is 'Why wasn't there a link to the source? According to what I've read, the article doesn't include any references for example, a link that is link to other pages, because other news I have consume would usually include it, for instance, in the bottom of the page. But, this article the author only link some of his phrases to the other article that is connected to it, in order to find out about deeper details of those particular terms. Even so, those other article is from the same website (BBC News).  'Does the author provide both sides of the story? In my opinion, yes. The author provides a video about pigs that have a lot of health problems because of the use of genetic methods. Meanwhile, he also mentioned that 'scientists insist that each of the three genetic techniques produces food that is safe to eat'. However, the article did not include 'Who are those scientists?' so it might not be reliable. Overall, reading this article is more likely to make me believe that GE food is safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #4

Blog post #2

Blog#5